For those who have recently fallen off (including me) - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DillPickle311

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
For those who have recently fallen off (including me)

This is great - especially her comments towards the end:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-...addle/11571148
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
I got loose right after the rain started and went down. Fast forward... Scans showed I have a brain tumor in speech area and absolutely no symptoms. I had a biopsy last week and go to find out what tumor is next week.

The bike had to go to the body shop right after wreck so I rode it there. I know it's crazy but the busted up valk rode better than ever and I had a good time. That has been over 8 weeks(forever) ago and I'm going nuts. Shop owner said just got new tank in and hopes to have it ready soon.

I ain't having a bit of trouble knowing what the first ride will be like. I am hoping to get some riding time in before surgery to remove it.

All this is to say... I have total peace about this whole ordeal. Whether I get 1 week or 20 years to live, I'm in God's precious hands and will take whatever I'm given and live it to the max.

Right after the accident, I was done with riding. I'm sure this is typical!

KUGO likes this.

Last edited by DillPickle311; 10-04-2019 at 01:48 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillPickle311 View Post
That has been over 8 weeks(forever) ago and I'm going nuts...
Was just thinking about this yesterday The main reason not to crash is not the pain and suffering, it's the time you have to spend off the bike! Riding safe means riding long. A pretty good motivation for me. I also like your attitude to your current medical situation. We're all dying from the moment we're born. It's not the length of time we're here, it's what we do with it. Good on you mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepers View Post
Was just thinking about this yesterday The main reason not to crash is not the pain and suffering, it's the time you have to spend off the bike! Riding safe means riding long. A pretty good motivation for me. I also like your attitude to your current medical situation. We're all dying from the moment we're born. It's not the length of time we're here, it's what we do with it. Good on you mate.
If no crash, would not have found the tumor. I am a blessed man! A few more years living with a tumor, who knows?

My attitude about this life was already a 10. At almost 61, these should be the best years so my creator has gifted me.

A tumor a gift? You bet!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

World Champ Marc Marquez fell off BIG time at practice yesterday - a nasty high side. The bike was totaled and he was clearly sore but not to worry, a quick medical check, straight on to the spare bike and belts out his fastest lap of the session(!) Tough sons of beaches.

Last edited by Geepers; 10-05-2019 at 02:53 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepers View Post
World Champ Marc Marquez fell off BIG time at practice yesterday - a nasty high side. The bike was totaled and he was clearly sore but not to worry, a quick medical check, straight on to the spare bike and belts out his fastest lap of the session(!) Tough sons of beaches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page