"The Valkyrie is Clark Kent looking for a phone booth" - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 11Likes

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
"The Valkyrie is Clark Kent looking for a phone booth"

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/c...l-devil#page-7
Thebrain and wgold9722 like this.
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I've owned several bikes over the last twenty or so years and the Valkyrie beats them all. It does so many things very well! The Clark Kent analogy is fitting.
wgold9722 likes this.

Brock On
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I like it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jambriwal
Clark Kent Ha great analogy

Directions ? That's only the Manufacturer's opinion of the way this should be assembled.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 10:33 PM
Rox

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I don't think of my Valkyrie as Clark Kent. I think of it as a lost cousin of a Go-Bot that will one day transform and destroy my garage...

wgold9722 likes this.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think of mine as Bruce Banner that can turn into The Incredible Hulk when provoked.
Mike
wgold9722, Rox and KurNorock like this.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I have owned several bikes over the years. The Valkyrie is a decent bike, however it is, in my opinion, not the do it all bike many claim. It has terrible aftermarket support and the saddlebags that Honda made for it just don't really go well with the overall design of the bike. The front of the bike is beautiful, but it is almost like a different design team handled everything from the seat backwards. And the seat! Horribly uncomfortable for more than any ride over 1 hour long.

The motor is the crowning achievement of this bike. It pulls everywhere in the rev band. I wish it had a higher rev limit and I think it could benefit from an extra gear, but the motor is awesome and I can life with it as it is.

Sure, it is a great bike for what it is, but I can see why dealerships are giving them away these days ($9999 for a bike originally listed at $17,999!!!!) And at under $10k it is pretty much a bargain. It is surprisingly agile and decently quick.

It does not lend itself to overnight trips as tank bags don't really fit, saddlebags don't really add anything to the style etc.
wgold9722 likes this.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 10:45 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfpc View Post
I have owned several bikes over the years. The Valkyrie is a decent bike, however it is, in my opinion, not the do it all bike many claim. It has terrible aftermarket support and the saddlebags that Honda made for it just don't really go well with the overall design of the bike. The front of the bike is beautiful, but it is almost like a different design team handled everything from the seat backwards. And the seat! Horribly uncomfortable for more than any ride over 1 hour long.

The motor is the crowning achievement of this bike. It pulls everywhere in the rev band. I wish it had a higher rev limit and I think it could benefit from an extra gear, but the motor is awesome and I can life with it as it is.

Sure, it is a great bike for what it is, but I can see why dealerships are giving them away these days ($9999 for a bike originally listed at $17,999!!!!) And at under $10k it is pretty much a bargain. It is surprisingly agile and decently quick.

It does not lend itself to overnight trips as tank bags don't really fit, saddlebags don't really add anything to the style etc.

It does take some work to get it to fit you, but it is worth it in the end.
wgold9722 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I can see why dealerships are giving them away these days ($9999 for a bike originally listed at $17,999!!!!)
I got mine (2014) for $7999 new.
wgold9722 likes this.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
It does take some work to get it to fit you, but it is worth it in the end.
yours looks awesome. and much more functional. which bags are those, the easy something or other?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page