Risers NOT - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 13Likes

post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Risers NOT

Today I decided to see just how much clutch and brake line was available for possibly adding the Rox 2" risers. I removed the fork covers, dash cluster, and headlight assembly. It wasn't easy but wasn't hard either. I did drop 3 clips into the bike never to be seen again. Probably will get a whiff of them on my next ride. I removed the bolted clamps that hold the cables in place in front of the tree. Unbolted the handlebars and checked how much cable I gained stop to stop. Sorry to report that there is only about 3/4 of an inch. Clearly not enough to do anything with the bars without adding custom cables. I'm not overly disappointed. I just got back from the Blue Ridge and rode 1800 miles last week without any discomfort in the stock position. At least now I know without a doubt and will stop thinking about it any more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1438.jpg (192.8 KB, 127 views)
post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Odd....I still had/have hopes for risers, since a guy I chatted with on FB used the 3in Rox Risers on his and sent me some pics. He claimed to have removed the bolt securing the cables/wires from their stay position.

I don't think I can post photo here....so if ya send me email or PM me via Facebook I can forward if you like. I'm still considering them.
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I posted this somewhere but can't find it now: Twisted Throttle part #gm .h121 is a 1" riser that worked for me without touching the cables. Its a one-inch riser, so makes about one inch of difference. Only came in silver, have to slightly relocate the instrument pod.
MrC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetman27 View Post
I posted this somewhere but can't find it now: Twisted Throttle part #gm .h121 is a 1" riser that worked for me without touching the cables. Its a one-inch riser, so makes about one inch of difference. Only came in silver, have to slightly relocate the instrument pod.
I have a pair similar to that on my 1500 IS and considered using a par for my 14 Valk as well. Curious how you relocated your pod? The set I have is BikeMaster and I think it is black.
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Wondering out loud. Do they give any pull back? Looks like just up?
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prgrmerror View Post
Wondering out loud. Do they give any pull back? Looks like just up?

Yes, only because the angle of the fork/risers are already pointing back to a degree. The BikeMaster set (available on Amazon) is in Black, costs like 29 bucks and is flexible in height from 1" - 1.5" (have them on my 99 Valk IS in silver).

post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Oh and I did order a set in black (at the link above), along with some other stuff. I know the Dash Pod will need an extension bracket of some sort.... but a piece of aluminum stock will most likely make that work ok. I hope.
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I have had success with both risers and rox extenders in the past w/o touching the cables, for the F6C I have ever so slightly raised the handle bar position and intend to spend some time on the rack and stretch my arms an inch.
Buster likes this.

Keeping it simple
Ain't nothing but a thing
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B.
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B
Just Wow. Can you elaborate some on what it took to get the slack and post a couple of close pictures? I gave up after the first post and now you have me thinking about this again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page