Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Risers NOT

40K views 99 replies 23 participants last post by  Smokedeel 
#1 ·
Today I decided to see just how much clutch and brake line was available for possibly adding the Rox 2" risers. I removed the fork covers, dash cluster, and headlight assembly. It wasn't easy but wasn't hard either. I did drop 3 clips into the bike never to be seen again. Probably will get a whiff of them on my next ride. I removed the bolted clamps that hold the cables in place in front of the tree. Unbolted the handlebars and checked how much cable I gained stop to stop. Sorry to report that there is only about 3/4 of an inch. Clearly not enough to do anything with the bars without adding custom cables. I'm not overly disappointed. I just got back from the Blue Ridge and rode 1800 miles last week without any discomfort in the stock position. At least now I know without a doubt and will stop thinking about it any more.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Odd....I still had/have hopes for risers, since a guy I chatted with on FB used the 3in Rox Risers on his and sent me some pics. He claimed to have removed the bolt securing the cables/wires from their stay position.

I don't think I can post photo here....so if ya send me email or PM me via Facebook I can forward if you like. I'm still considering them.

#10 ·
I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B
Just Wow. Can you elaborate some on what it took to get the slack and post a couple of close pictures? I gave up after the first post and now you have me thinking about this again. :eek:

#12 ·
Actually, I didn't have to loosen anything, just slipped the risers under the bars and then bolt the original caps back on. I'm sure it won't be hard for somebody with a little ingenuity to make a small bracket to mount the speedo back on. I used a plastic piece with 2 holes drilled and actually mounted the speedo but it wasn't quite right but you could definitely ride it that way.

#20 ·
Did mine today and used the Bike Masters kit and took it up all the way to 1.5 inches, using all the spacers and the longest bolts provided. I had to move the throttle cables below the windscreen bracket. I have the Speedo mounted with 2 ZipTies temporarily, until I get the handlebars adjusted properly (and its actually pretty solid as is). I did take a ride and it seems further back. With the bottom of the bars up a bit (1.5 inches) it gives a little more room to adjust bars up or down to suit your comfort level and isn't soo close to the tank or too high. As I said earlier, a piece of aluminum bar stock cut to size and drilled with 4 holes should give the speedo console a bit more solid mount.....but it sits pretty much on the top clamp anyhow.

It did change the angle/height of the windscreen a bit, nothing too bad from what I can tell.....except the gap between the bottom and the light is wider of course.

Was a bit too windy and brisk to take a long ride, but I did give it a go.....and am content so far. For the 29.00 bucks it was well worth it IMO.

#22 ·
I fed the Zip Tie in the bottom holes where screws go and then up behind the holes in the speed bracket and yanked it down snug. Works well actually....but mainly using til I make the adapter plate. And I might make it an adjustable plate so I can slide it up or down depending on how I adjust the risers.

#23 ·
Come on guys. You know you want to go the whole way like I did. Make custom handlebars, lengthen those wire harnesses, put on longer brake and clutch lines as well as longer throttle cables from Motion Pro.

It's a bit of work, but well worth it in the end.

#25 ·
I hate that you were able to max out the 1 1/2 setup. That means I have to put this back on my to do list. Not going to take the bait bscrive. :). What you did was awesome. That puts me right back where I was at the beginning of this thread. I am back to where are you getting the cable from ??? I just don’t see it.

#30 ·
That is probably the way to go..... as they may rotate back to the rider a bit more. I am anxiously awaiting your feedback report on this post regarding those. And those are a bit more expensive than the ones I got of course, but just might give a big more advantage. Keep us posted.

#32 ·
I am going to have to change the title from not to yes. I have successfully installed the Rox 2” risers without changing the lines or cables. I will update with what was involved and pictures soon. Just waiting on my fabricator to call and tell me the dash mount is done

#34 ·
I removed both clamps on the hyd lines, also the clamp next to the vin tag. I rerouted wires behind headlight to gain some length it seems they were knotted up at mfr. I rotated Rox 2” risers for 1” bars as far forward as possible without hitting the tank bezel. I estimate 1 1/2” closer. I moved the windshield brackets as low as possible and that eliminated throttle cable issues. I mounted the windshield to the outside of the brackets for a nice fit. My fabricator said I’ll get my new dash mount next week

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.