Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum (https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda F6C Valkyrie Tech Talk (https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/129-honda-f6c-valkyrie-tech-talk/)
-   -   Risers NOT (https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/129-honda-f6c-valkyrie-tech-talk/10970-risers-not.html)

Prgrmerror 10-31-2017 09:53 PM

Risers NOT

1 Attachment(s)
Today I decided to see just how much clutch and brake line was available for possibly adding the Rox 2" risers. I removed the fork covers, dash cluster, and headlight assembly. It wasn't easy but wasn't hard either. I did drop 3 clips into the bike never to be seen again. Probably will get a whiff of them on my next ride. I removed the bolted clamps that hold the cables in place in front of the tree. Unbolted the handlebars and checked how much cable I gained stop to stop. Sorry to report that there is only about 3/4 of an inch. Clearly not enough to do anything with the bars without adding custom cables. I'm not overly disappointed. I just got back from the Blue Ridge and rode 1800 miles last week without any discomfort in the stock position. At least now I know without a doubt and will stop thinking about it any more.

PAVALKER 11-01-2017 11:57 AM

Odd....I still had/have hopes for risers, since a guy I chatted with on FB used the 3in Rox Risers on his and sent me some pics. He claimed to have removed the bolt securing the cables/wires from their stay position.

I don't think I can post photo here....so if ya send me email or PM me via Facebook I can forward if you like. I'm still considering them.

vetman27 11-05-2017 06:24 PM

I posted this somewhere but can't find it now: Twisted Throttle part #gm .h121 is a 1" riser that worked for me without touching the cables. Its a one-inch riser, so makes about one inch of difference. Only came in silver, have to slightly relocate the instrument pod.

PAVALKER 11-07-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetman27 (Post 64346)
I posted this somewhere but can't find it now: Twisted Throttle part #gm .h121 is a 1" riser that worked for me without touching the cables. Its a one-inch riser, so makes about one inch of difference. Only came in silver, have to slightly relocate the instrument pod.

I have a pair similar to that on my 1500 IS and considered using a par for my 14 Valk as well. Curious how you relocated your pod? The set I have is BikeMaster and I think it is black.

Prgrmerror 11-07-2017 12:48 PM

Wondering out loud. Do they give any pull back? Looks like just up?

PAVALKER 11-07-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prgrmerror (Post 64370)
Wondering out loud. Do they give any pull back? Looks like just up?

Yes, only because the angle of the fork/risers are already pointing back to a degree. The BikeMaster set (available on Amazon) is in Black, costs like 29 bucks and is flexible in height from 1" - 1.5" (have them on my 99 Valk IS in silver).

PAVALKER 11-07-2017 03:30 PM

Oh and I did order a set in black (at the link above), along with some other stuff. I know the Dash Pod will need an extension bracket of some sort.... but a piece of aluminum stock will most likely make that work ok. I hope.

Blackjack1$ 11-17-2017 09:13 AM

I have had success with both risers and rox extenders in the past w/o touching the cables, for the F6C I have ever so slightly raised the handle bar position and intend to spend some time on the rack and stretch my arms an inch.

headpeon 11-19-2017 03:16 PM

I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B.

Prgrmerror 11-19-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B
Just Wow. Can you elaborate some on what it took to get the slack and post a couple of close pictures? I gave up after the first post and now you have me thinking about this again. :o