Risers NOT - Page 2 - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 17Likes

post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpeon View Post
I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B.
If the Speedo mounted to the Top Clamp it would be much easier I imagine. I think some thin aluminum bar stock might be an option. I got my risers but have not yet tried to install. Been adding some lights to my 99 IS.

Got any photos?
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Actually, I didn't have to loosen anything, just slipped the risers under the bars and then bolt the original caps back on. I'm sure it won't be hard for somebody with a little ingenuity to make a small bracket to mount the speedo back on. I used a plastic piece with 2 holes drilled and actually mounted the speedo but it wasn't quite right but you could definitely ride it that way.
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
For clarity (that means me). What risers did you use. I don’t know if it was the Rox 2” or the Bike Master 1” risers
MrC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 09:48 AM

And for clarity.....the Bike Master risers go up to 1.5 inches but are for 1inch bars.....

post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 12:52 PM

I used the bike masters.
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

How high were you able to get them?
post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 02:04 PM

I got them up an inch.
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Hey Headpeon, One more question.... Are they even a little closer and was it worth doing it ?
post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prgrmerror View Post
Hey Headpeon, One more question.... Are they even a little closer and was it worth doing it ?
To be honest, since it's too cold to get the bike out for a ride, hard to tell but just sitting on it, I think it helped the reach. It would probably be worth it if I could get the speedo mounted back to look alright.
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 05:11 PM

Did mine today and used the Bike Masters kit and took it up all the way to 1.5 inches, using all the spacers and the longest bolts provided. I had to move the throttle cables below the windscreen bracket. I have the Speedo mounted with 2 ZipTies temporarily, until I get the handlebars adjusted properly (and its actually pretty solid as is). I did take a ride and it seems further back. With the bottom of the bars up a bit (1.5 inches) it gives a little more room to adjust bars up or down to suit your comfort level and isn't soo close to the tank or too high. As I said earlier, a piece of aluminum bar stock cut to size and drilled with 4 holes should give the speedo console a bit more solid mount.....but it sits pretty much on the top clamp anyhow.

It did change the angle/height of the windscreen a bit, nothing too bad from what I can tell.....except the gap between the bottom and the light is wider of course.

Was a bit too windy and brisk to take a long ride, but I did give it a go.....and am content so far. For the 29.00 bucks it was well worth it IMO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page