Added Silpstream Windshield Today - Page 3 - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...xoCUDwQAvD_BwE

Hope the link copied. Found several with Google search.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
Mounts: $44
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...gGIBoCzRXw_wcB

Windshield: $55 + S&H if ordered as a replacement glass only. +$10 if you want it tinted (very light tint)
http://slipstreamer.com/motorcycle/b-wing-18/

1/2" Plexiglass drill bit: $10
https://www.amazon.com/Source-One-LL...bit+1%2F2+inch

Once my windshield came in, the OEM mounting holes did not match up with the aftermarket mounts. I had to drill 2 1/2" holes to use the mounts. Used a plexiglass drill bit, covered area with masking tape, and drilled away. No issues at all. Started with a tiny pilot hole, maybe 1/8". Make certain the spot you drill is well supported, such as up against a scrap piece of wood.

Installed the setup last weekend, took about 20 minutes once the windshield was prepped. Had to stop to get longer winshield mounting screws, as the mount kit was made for a thinner shield w/out washers. Added about $3 to total cost.

1st drive, noticed less wind on my body, zero "flopping" of the windshield (my old setup was very unstable due to poor design), with minimal turbulence. Adjusted the position/angle of the windshield after this ride.
2nd drive, virtually no turbulence and much less wind noise on helmet. Works GREAT. Highly recommend. Will post pics soon.

BTW, I'm 5'8" and am clearly looking over the windshield. There is plenty of adjustability to get the windshield right where you want it using this aftermarket mount.
Thought I'd add this info. A step drill will drill plexi without cracking. Harbor freight had a set for about $8.88
I've drilled dozens of small holes. Go slow on big ones.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Has anybody around 6'4" used this windshield? How was the airflow? If not this one, does anyone have any suggestions for a windshield to take the wind off of someone a little taller?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.reyes View Post
Has anybody around 6'4" used this windshield? How was the airflow? If not this one, does anyone have any suggestions for a windshield to take the wind off of someone a little taller?
I am 6'4. I don't have the slipstream, but I do have oem tall screen. When mounted per the instructions, I had a lot of buffeting. I added a small bracket to push the bottom of the shield out an inch or two, and now almost zero buffeting. I also look over the screen and not through it.
Roy.reyes likes this.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Fine looking bike and really like the one i wanted that had ABS
but it was upstate NY in the winter time ....

Thanks for the Info

The best part of growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old .
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Extension for Boulevard Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Jim View Post
Corbin matched the color pretty close. The bags themselves are very easy to remove in minutes. But the mounts would take me about a hour to remove.
As far as the MRA shield I think it looked pretty good, and it kept the wind off of my chest. The wind hit the top of my helmet without any buffeting. I still got a lot of wind around the sides. I thought that a larger screen might give even better protection. I have rode it once since installing the slipstream, had it up to 80 mph, and the shield was real stable with the wind hitting the top of my helmet. If I lean back I get a little more wind, and if I lean forward it becomes dead calm. So far not sure if it is much better for wind protection, but I think either way they both look good.

That looks very functional - not too high, provides just enough wind protection.
Mine has the Honda Boulevard windscreen, which has good, strong mounting hardware, but sits quite a bit lower. It basically provides protection for the instruments, not so much the rider.
I kind of wish I'd gotten one like yours, instead!
I want to raise mine up, maybe 6 more inches.
How about one of the extensions?
I've seen some aftermarket devices that bolt on, or clip on to the existing screen!

Does any of you have such a windscreen extension on your bike?
Can you give the make and model?
Thank you, guys!!

Billy

2016 F6B
2014 Valkyrie
past owner of:
2007 Honda Shadow 600 VLX DeLuxe
2007 Honda VTX 1300
2007 Honda VTX 1800 F3
2015 Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883
2015 Victory Gunner
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just installed the slipstream b-wing 18 with the MAR mounting hardware. Looks great and no buffeting. I have a new Gustafsson with their 4 point hardware and couldn’t get the 70 mph + buffeting adjusted out . Thank you ! Huge improvement and really looks like it was made for the Valkyrie!
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:16 AM
SLO

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjohnwild View Post
Just installed the slipstream b-wing 18 with the MAR mounting hardware. Looks great and no buffeting. I have a new Gustafsson with their 4 point hardware and couldn’t get the 70 mph + buffeting adjusted out . Thank you ! Huge improvement and really looks like it was made for the Valkyrie!

Which model Gustaffson do you have?

I have the 16" tall and 22" wide and am having the same problem basically but Zack has assured me they will work with me to solve the issue. I think the euroflip is part of the problem with the major problem being the Honda OEM windshield mount that I used (Boulevard model windscreen) is not adjustable in the angle, just the height.

I think the solution is to use adjustable mount, add 1 or possibly 2 inches to the height of the windshield to get the airflow higher and delete the euroflip to improve laminar airflow over the top of the windshield to eliminate the buffeting. This is me trying to redesign their windshield. LOL

Dunno yet how far they are willing to go to make the problem go away.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mine was also 16x22 , I think it’s the shape of their windscreen (too flat) it seems to me that it disturbs the air due to the shape . I asked them if they had done any wind tunnel test and he laughed. I get they don’t have the R&D for the Valkyrie but I have never seen another windshield that flat. Someone on the forum said it best “ looks like a barn door” . The slipstream looks awesome too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75774A3D-DF49-42FB-8DF4-E0E3F19BB2EC_1563139778063.jpg (138.7 KB, 20 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page