Aftermarket Fork Springs - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Aftermarket Fork Springs

G'day all,

I've been searching for fork springs to upgrade the front suspension of my 2015 without success. Everyone seems to list springs for Goldwings and F6B but not specifically for the F6C, are these compatible with the Valk?
Has anyone replaced the front springs in their F6C? If so what make and part numbers did you use? I'd be interested in maybe going slightly heavier as I'm not a lightweight.
I do like the look of the TRAXXION AK20 cartridges but I'm not outlaying $1400+ AUD for them.
I'll probably have to source springs from the USA as Australian retailers are bloody useless.

Cheers,
BB

2015 Honda Valkyrie F6C in Candy Prominence Red.

Livin' it up in Tropical Far North Queensland Australia..
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Traxxion lists just the springs for about 150.00 . Don't know what kind of difference they would make alone : https://traxxion.com/product/traxxio...x315x1-0-kgmm/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Hmmmm I didn't know Max had a kit for our bikes... I know the folks that have the 2002-2017 Goldwings SWEAR by that front end kit he sells (very expensive though) I'd consider it but honestly, this is one of the best riding bikes I've ever owned... but still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Well I've forked out (pun intended) for a set of Racetech 1.0kg/mm springs, these will stiffen up the front end and stop it sagging with my weight. I put my weight (110kg) into their calculator and this is pretty much the recommendation. The original springs are 0.7kg/mm and are set up for a rider of around 75kg (don't ask me what that is in pounds)....(I was tempted to steal the springs out of the Super Blackbird I own that our young fella drag races, they are 0.89kg/mm standard.. he wasn't too happy with the idea). I'm also gonna go with a slightly heavier fork oil, probably 7.5wt, the standard is 5wt according to the manual. This should keep the front end under control on our less than average highways.
I've also ordered a set of All Balls steering stem bearings, I've had a slight wobble in the front end recently so although the cause may not be the bearings it's a worthwhile upgrade over the average Honda bearing setup. Once I get them I will measure them and the seals and post the info here, I'm sure it must be cheaper to go to the bearing shop and buy the parts separately.
I've done similar mods in the past to my VT750 and ST1100 and it was a vast improvement.

Just gotta wait to get the parts now...

2015 Honda Valkyrie F6C in Candy Prominence Red.

Livin' it up in Tropical Far North Queensland Australia..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page