2Likes
  • 1 Post By gonichi87
  • 1 Post By Sleepngbear

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Iso kuryakyn grips installation

has anyone installed these grips on the 2014 or 2015 valkyrie? If so how much of a pain is it?
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Was easy to install, I think I used some soapy water to remove the existing grips easily.

I also wanted to ask people who have them how do you guys like them?

I must say don't like them, I find them very firm and the pads are not actually acting as pads (because the grip diameter seems too small)?: and yes, I bought the right diameter. I used to have them on my Shadow and they were so comfortable, now I feel they are less comfortable on the Valk than the original grips, and I am considering switching to cheap foam tubes that worked well on one of my previous bikes.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonichi87 View Post
Was easy to install, I think I used some soapy water to remove the existing grips easily.

I also wanted to ask people who have them how do you guys like them?

I must say don't like them, I find them very firm and the pads are not actually acting as pads (because the grip diameter seems too small)?: and yes, I bought the right diameter. I used to have them on my Shadow and they were so comfortable, now I feel they are less comfortable on the Valk than the original grips, and I am considering switching to cheap foam tubes that worked well on one of my previous bikes.
I did them on my old sabre but that was years ago and there was videos on it but I think it is different on the Valkyrie.

I don't think the accelerator grip is attached by the switch housing like before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2020, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Also your grips on the shadow were probably 7/8" where as the Valk is 1" they maybe why you feel the difference.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2020, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You just need to use a flat knife or something similar and spray soapy water and it should be fine.
The pads were soft on the shadow, but on the Valk they are stretched outwards and don't provide any cushion... and I did order the bigger size, so it should have been good. That's why I'm also asking others here what they think about it... Fortunately, I haven't done long rides yet.
Crazyhawk likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

So I installed them and it went as easy as on my last bike lol but the left grip seemed a little harder to get on.

I suggest if anyone does it, sand the bar well and leave it rough and then slide the grip on dry a few times to loosen up the rubber pads a bit because that black widow glue ain't no joke.

Without the grips my left hand would start to tingle and go numb after about 100 miles but with the grip I have not had any issues so far.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2020, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhawk View Post
So I installed them and it went as easy as on my last bike lol but the left grip seemed a little harder to get on.

I suggest if anyone does it, sand the bar well and leave it rough and then slide the grip on dry a few times to loosen up the rubber pads a bit because that black widow glue ain't no joke.

Without the grips my left hand would start to tingle and go numb after about 100 miles but with the grip I have not had any issues so far.
Iíve had these in several bikes and loved them. If you havenít done it yet, I highly recommend a throttle boss on the throttle side. It lets you relax your grip even more.
Crazyhawk likes this.

Ed

"Valar Morghulis."
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2020, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepngbear View Post
Iíve had these in several bikes and loved them. If you havenít done it yet, I highly recommend a throttle boss on the throttle side. It lets you relax your grip even more.
Yeah I was looking at that so I am taking it that the end caps come off of the grips in order to install it?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2020, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhawk View Post
Yeah I was looking at that so I am taking it that the end caps come off of the grips in order to install it?
Yup, end caps are held on with 4 little hex screws. Throttle boss sits between the grip and the cap, it comes with slightly longer screws to replace the originals. The screw holes in the throttle boss are elongated so you can adjust it exactly to your liking. It will probably take a few rides and a little bit of fiddling to get it just where you want it.

Ed

"Valar Morghulis."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page