Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Opinions please

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Crazyhawk 
#1 ·
Ok I am not very good at visualizing things unless it is actually there so I would like opinions please.

These are the bags I am currently looking at to purchase for my 2014 Valkyrie.

The last one I am not entirely sure if it will fit considering I will be using the OEM stays and brackets and the OEM bags measure 12.4" x 20.5" x 9".

I appreciate your opinions.

https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-side-pocket-saddlebags.htm

https://www.vikingbags.com/Motorcycle-Bag-Warrior-plain-1183-prd1.htm

https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-lamellar-large-leather-covered-non-shock-cutout-hard-saddlebags

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Like yourself, it's hard to envision the look without seeing them on the bike. But - just looking at them, I like the one with the little side pocket over its comparable one without. So that rules out the first option. It just seems like a handy option for a phone, wallet or something else, and it gives it a little flair.

Now we have to decide between the 2nd and 3rd. Tough call. There's a good bit of price difference between them, and the 3rd option offers considerably more storage volume. They're all lockable, which is a nice feature. For this particular bike, I think we have to consider form as much as function. And personally, I think the 3rd option just looks kind of bland, even though it's probably more practical. So personally, I think I would give the edge to option #2 . I think it looks better and costs substantially less.

That said, how can you be sure that any of these options will fit using Honda OEM hardware? I don't see any bags that are designed to fit this particular year of Valkyrie when I use their search function. Perhaps you've spoken to them and they said they'd work. If not, I strongly suggest calling to discuss this so you don't have to fool with returning them if they don't fit. Nothing worse than sitting down to do a project like this and discovering they're completely misaligned and an impossible fit.

Good luck!

Richmonder

Reactions: Crazyhawk
#3 ·
I appreciate the response but maybe I am reading it wrong. The first one is the one with the pocket which is one I was leaning towards myself so is the the one you like? the second paragraph speaks as if option one is not an option lol
As for the price I was not to worried about the price because I have had viking bags before and I love them and they have a quick release bracket that unfortunately cannot work on this bike.

The Viking customer service said that these are their universal bags so basically as long as the the measurements are within specs of the OEM bags they should work and I could possible go larger as long as I don't hit the tail lights and stay 1" above the pipes.

Even the bags that I bought from them that were made for my 2001 Honda Sabre I had to drill holes.

Apparently, I am suppose to line up the bracket to the back of the bag, mark them and drill it, then put the other bag back to back with the drilled one and mark where those hole would be drilled.

So I guess I order the brackets and stays and drill the bags LOL

#4 ·
Sorry about that! Option 1 is my choice. With the side pocket. I was confused between 1 and 2.

I'm not crazy about having to drill new holes in leather, but if you don't mind this and have the technical know-how, great!

Richmonder

#6 ·
Just another opinion for whatever it is worth: the style of the Lamellar seems to match the contemporary style of the bike, and I think it's a fact that for trips, you can never have too much space. I would try to find a photos of them on different bikes. It's all about what looks best to YOU!

#7 ·
For sure it is what I like but I like all three so having opinions helps a lot to determine my final selection.

You're correct, those are nice and they have the storage although most of my riding is localized or under a few hundred miles because the wife and I although we are getting older we still have 2 kids left in the house and work a lot lol.

Also the OEM is 20.5 and these are 22.5 so it may be pushing the length.

#8 · (Edited)
What a coincidence! I had a chance to see your 3rd selection (the lamellar) on a Valk yesterday forum member STLLOU had them on his bike he mounted them with the OEM Valk bag mounts and stays it looked good and the bags seemed of high quality I liked the locking bag thing, perhaps he could be of some assistance to you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.