2Likes
  • 1 Post By ynzr
  • 1 Post By Buster

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
corbin saddle bags

has any one bought the corbin bags for a Valkyrie ? at $2,200 they seem high wondering if they are worth the money
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have them on my 2014 Valkyrie. They were on it when I bought it. They look like they were made for it. Most people comment that when they thought they were factory. I have had many bikes with Corbin bags including two early Valkyries with Corbin Beetle bags. The Stateline Corbin bags do not hold near the amount of cargo that the earlier Beetle bags did and the openings are much smaller and oddly shaped. I can not even put my shorty helmet in it. That being said there are not many choices out there. The factory leather bags look like they were just stuck on there. I have seen others adapt aftermarket saddle bags to fit the new Valkyrie including a set of factory early Valk Tourer bags. None look as good as the Corbin Stateline bags in my opinion. I also have an F6B so if I need more cargo capacity I will drive it. The Stateline bags work fine for what I use it for. Riding all day it holds anything else I need it to including my leather jacket. You need to determine if it is worth the $2200. for you. I bought the bike with 7K on the clock with factory Honda windshield, Corbin bags and seat and lots of other extras including a new set of Metzler 880's for $8K so it was definitely worth it for me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 2014 Valkyrie also came with the Corbin saddlebags. They are well made and indeed look as if they were OEM parts. The fit and finish is quite good and I can only think of two complaints - 1. The openings to the bags are smaller than I’m used to with other saddlebags and they limit what can be carried. 2. The fasteners for the door hinges periodically work loose and must be re-torqued. Due to past experience with plastic exposed to thread locking products, I’m reluctant to apply it to the hinge fasteners. Their capacity is less than I was used to on older airhead BMW’s and my previous Honda ST1300 but they’re still quite useful.

The bags are expensive and not the most useful bags I’ve ever had. Nothing is perfect and I’ve spent lots of money on motorcycle accessories over the decades. I would probably purchase the bags if I were to start out with another Valkyrie. I’m not aware of any alternative that would interest me.
BobR24 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
I bought the Corbin Fleetliner aka "Beetle bags" for mine for about $1800
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...onda-valkyrie/

My last bike had lockable leatherlyke bags that I thought were quite good, but these are MUCH more solid and many admirers are shocked that they fit that well and are not OEM. The heavy duty locks are obviously premium level, and I agree the drawbacks are price and the small size of the opening, versus the OEM bags on the F6B. Also, given the price, I have one more reason to cringe about the possibility of laying it down without any guards on it like on many Harleys. These bags are also on the heavy side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TFinal.jpg (374.2 KB, 15 views)
BobR24 likes this.

2nd owner of 2014 Valkyrie

Previous Bikes:
66 Benelli (Montgomery Wards) 125 cc Riverside
74 Yamaha Enduro DT360
74 Honda CB450
76 Kawasaki KH500
77 Yamaha RD400
80 Kawasaki KX250
71 Honda CB750K1
82 Yamaha Virago XV750
'95 Honda Magna VF750CD
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Check out some of the Youtube video reviews. If I remember correctly, they cannot fit a 12 pack of cans. I'm going with Tsukayu Strong bags over the winter.

2015 Valkyrie; 2004 V-Star 1100, 1997 Goldwing Aspencade
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I have a set of bags off a 99 Valkyrie Interstate. The cost of the Corbins is one reason why I decided to go my way. Especially, when I live in Canada and the exchange rate makes it even more expensive. My bags only cost me $700 as opposed to $2200. It was a no brainer. The Corbins do look great, but the small size is the another reason I went with the Honda bags. The Valk bags look good as well and actually match the lines of the bike. Plus, I can fit a lot of stuff in them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page