OEM cats/mid pipes - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
OEM cats/mid pipes

Is anyone that has installed torque loops on their bike looking to get rid of their oem cats/midpipes?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 08:47 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
there are previous post on this subject, you may have to dig back at least a few months or more. aftermarket options for this sled are very slim as in one or zero options. so that leaves room for the more adventuresome some individuals with enough cahonies to go where others fear to tread. I wrote where not how fast.. having explored the underbelly of this beast, I see all kinds of potential options that could be put in play;

the first of which is and equalizer manifold that does away with the cats AND that inverted U toob crossover (drone maker). this first pic called 50x50 directs existing header flow in equal percentages to both stock mufflers. reality it would probably be more 60x40 only because of the volume differentials of the stock unit. but the key to this rig is that it keeps all gases in laminar flow. this does the best job of balancing the system allowing for cylinder scavaging.

the second sketch is more my preferred option. a new pair of 3 into 1 exposed headers (rid of all side and belly pan skins) feeding a 2 into 1 collector and squirting the total volume out the left side of the bike. some others have chimed in that it should be rotatable and exit the right side.. fine, just not on mine. a sizeable 2 stage muffler would do nicely to damper the roar. a hand switchable baffle plate at the muffler would allow direct exhaust flow bypassing second stage expansion for those times you want to be heard.

in either option the exhaust flow is kept laminar at all times. the existing coolant overflow bottle would get relocated to that big empty cavity termed the tool box area. tools? who needs tools when riding? its not like this is a hardley ableson or ?

this unit of mine is a mere 6 mos old and being pressed into tour duty. a few seasons down the road as its newness wears off (warranty?) and familiarity becomes boring, then it will go under the knife. It will probably be at least 50k smiles worth. for now most mods are cosmetic for tour duty. poncho
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50x50.jpg (106.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 6in1 collector.jpg (144.9 KB, 17 views)

Ursus Horribilus

Last edited by Poncho; 09-13-2019 at 08:57 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Is anyone that has installed torque loops on their bike looking to get rid of their oem cats/midpipes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:27 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I got rid of mine a while ago. You need to cut them off the front pipe. I saw no need to keep them. If I ever go back to originals, I will buy a set off Ebay. They are pretty cheap there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I have a set available. PM sent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page