Torq Master Exhaust - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Torq Master Exhaust

I've been thinking about having better exhaust pipes installed on my 2014 Valkyrie, which is black.
Ever since it was pointed out to me in another post that only one out of the three exhaust ports on each side actually emits exhaust while the other two are faux, I've wanted a better-functioning AND better sounding pipe on my Valkyrie.
As we all know, there is rather limited variety in after-market exhaust systems for Valkyries, compared to what is available for F6Bs and full dress Wings.
Yesterday, I found a link here on the Forum about Torq Master.
I logged on to www.torqmasterpipes.com and nosed around.
They make Chrome pipes, as well as a Ceramic Black ones. Their Black pipes are $220 more than the Chrome ones, but dam...they sure are pretty.
If any of you has these on your Valk, or has seen/heard them on somebody else's bike, would you please chime in here, and let me know what you think?

I'm guessing that modifying the intake or EFI would not be necessary, and that the CPU will automatically adjust the fuel mixture to accommodate the improved outflow of exhaust?
Am I right?

Looking forward to some expert assistance here.

Thanks, guys.

HondaBilly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg valk3-300x300.jpg (16.5 KB, 17 views)

2016 F6B
2014 Valkyrie
past owner of:
2007 Honda Shadow 600 VLX DeLuxe
2007 Honda VTX 1300
2007 Honda VTX 1800 F3
2015 Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883
2015 Victory Gunner
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I have a set. I love them. Louder than stock but not to the point of getting you a ticket. I got the straight cut tips.

14 Valkyrie
02 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
02 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura
07 Yamaha YZF-R6
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Getting slip ons is silly without doing Torq Loopz. They sound like @ss while cruising without the Torq Loopz cause they have that awful drone. Do it right and get both from Jimmy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
I got an e-mail back from Jimmy at Torq Master.
I had asked him about the interior porting of his Ceramic Black pipes:

How many exhaust ports are there within each pipe that actually channel exhaust gas?

Is there just one, large port, into which flows the exhaust from all three cylinders on that side of the bike?

Or, is there a separate port for each cylinder on that side of the bike, all three of which channel exhaust gas?

Or, does your Ceramic Black pipe function the same as the stock exhaust - three ports but only one functional and the other two fake?

Jimmy responded to me, saying that his pipes have only one exhaust port within each exterior pipe - ONLY ONE HOLE IN EACH PIPE, 3 INTO ONE ON EACH SIDE

But he also recommended that I also buy the Torq Loopz?!?!?!

Now my question for him is as follows:

If I ordered just the Ceramic Black pipes (but NOT the Torq Loopz), would we need to retain the stock, interior porting setup, with three ports within the new pipe, but of the three, only one of them actually emitting exhaust gas, the other two faux?
In other words, in order for my new, Ceramic Black pipes to not only be beautiful on the outside, but also function better ONE HOLE IN EACH PIPE AND THEY BOTH BLOW, do I need to order BOTH the the exterior Ceramic Black pipes AND the interior Torq Loopz?

What's the story, guys?

2016 F6B
2014 Valkyrie
past owner of:
2007 Honda VTX 1300
2007 Honda VTX 1800 F3
2015 Victory Gunner
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:49 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
HB, you are over thinking this whole thing. Exhaust is fairly simple and straight forward. don't get all caught up in what you see on the outside of Stock Mufflers have nothing to do with what is going on inside of them. Stock they have 3 nipples on the tail but only 1 is the actual exhaust port. the other 2 are just for show. the stock headers on each side of this motor flow 3 cylinders into 1 before they flow into their cats. The 2 cats each feed one muffler on each side. So each stock muffler has 1 inlet and 1 outlet, exactly the same as these new less restricted Torkmonsters do. Keep it simple, don't go getting all worked up about multi flow bs. Also the stock exhaust system has an Inverted U pipe crossover between the 2 sides such that thay should share muffler capacity. Because this is a piss poor cross over w/o laminar flow it creates a DRONING sound when used with the new less restricted Torkmonsters.. That is why you HAVE to cut the stock catalyzers out and that stupid crossover pipe and install the TorkLoops which give you straight laminar flow into the new mufflers. these Tork Loops offer more pipe length and proper back pressure and do not have cross over sharing of mufflers side to side. That is why they Sound more Better because they are.

Merging exhaust gas flows from multiple cylinders is advantageous Only if the flows are kept Laminar. Then the expansion pulses provide excavating properties to the various cylinders improving exhaust flows and allowing more air/fuel to refill the cylinders on each cycle, aka more fuel = more power. Ideally all six cyl should flow into one before splitting back into 2 mufflers. Would require some rework under the bike, doable.. the radiator expansion tank needs to be relocated to the tool box area. you don't need tools. this is a Honda. ponchout
Joflewbyu2 likes this.

Last edited by Poncho; 06-05-2019 at 08:53 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
I didn't use the Torq Master pipes. I put on a set of Rush pipes. I was fortunate because my saddle bag brackets could be modified to hang the pipes. Without the Torq Loopz I had major droning at higher speeds. I put up with it for a little while, but then broke down and got the Toq Loopz. The Torq Loopz make a world of difference. They are a set of straight pipes bent into a loop, so there is no restriction for the exhaust. They do take a little bit of time to set them up for the heat shield positioned right.

Do not go cheap. Order both pipes and you will be happy. The bike's sound will change from a Porsche to a Ferrari. I get lots of looks when I am accelerating. The nice thing is that they mellow out when I am cruising and I hardly hear them.

Funny story. I was cruising past a HA clubhouse the other day as I was accelerating. About 20 heads snapped around to see what was going by. Definitely not a Harley sound.
Joflewbyu2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
It appears you are clueless by your questions. The 3 cylinder pipes on each side feed into 1 pipe each side that each have a catalytic converter. That middle section also has a crossover too. After the crossover each side pipe exits to a muffler. The Torq Loopz replaces the middle section right after the 3 into 1 convergence that has the catalytic converters and crossover. You cut 1 3/4Ē behind the weld line after the 3 into 1 convergence. The Loopz add length and are smaller diameter which increase the scavenging effect. The mufflers or silencers each have a baffle core inside.

Have you ever gotten under the bike to examine the exhaust layout? Are you mechanical enough to do the work?

The stock mufflers are different sizes and designed to work with a crossover pipe. Changing the mid section to Torq Loopz which do not have a crossover will require new mufflers otherwise each engine bank will see different back pressures.

Buy the full setup (Torq Loopz and Mufflers) or donít do just 1 without the other.

What are you waiting for? Sh1t or get off the pot! LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaBilly View Post
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
I got an e-mail back from Jimmy at Torq Master.
I had asked him about the interior porting of his Ceramic Black pipes:

How many exhaust ports are there within each pipe that actually channel exhaust gas?

Is there just one, large port, into which flows the exhaust from all three cylinders on that side of the bike?

Or, is there a separate port for each cylinder on that side of the bike, all three of which channel exhaust gas?

Or, does your Ceramic Black pipe function the same as the stock exhaust - three ports but only one functional and the other two fake?

Jimmy responded to me, saying that his pipes have only one exhaust port within each exterior pipe - ONLY ONE HOLE IN EACH PIPE, 3 INTO ONE ON EACH SIDE

But he also recommended that I also buy the Torq Loopz?!?!?!

Now my question for him is as follows:

If I ordered just the Ceramic Black pipes (but NOT the Torq Loopz), would we need to retain the stock, interior porting setup, with three ports within the new pipe, but of the three, only one of them actually emitting exhaust gas, the other two faux?
In other words, in order for my new, Ceramic Black pipes to not only be beautiful on the outside, but also function better ONE HOLE IN EACH PIPE AND THEY BOTH BLOW, do I need to order BOTH the the exterior Ceramic Black pipes AND the interior Torq Loopz?

What's the story, guys?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:24 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
The bike's sound will change from a Porsche to a Ferrari. I get lots of looks when I am accelerating. The nice thing is that they mellow out when I am cruising and I hardly hear them.. Definitely not a Harley sound.
Porsche vs Ferrari.. either will get your attention if you know your motors.. hardleys sound worse than a john deere, turning petrol into decibels, no music there

Last edited by Poncho; 06-05-2019 at 09:30 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, you guys. With your help, and Jimmy's, I now understand the way the exhaust system works.
Jimmy replied to me today with this:

the F6C has only 1 outlet port from each left & right catalyzer exiting into the STOCK exhaust mufflers/silencers. Your Stock mufflers do not have 3 ports, ONLY 1 functioning port on each side of the bike........... the other 2 are for looks only ...........TORQ MASTER PIPES WILL FIT YOUR BIKE PERFECTLY ..........only 1 inlet port and only 1 outlet port on the silencers / mufflers.......

Sorry, but I'm not a motorcycle mechanic. I'm actually a bicycle technician. I assemble, tune, and repair bicycles.

But now I got it!

2016 F6B
2014 Valkyrie
past owner of:
2007 Honda VTX 1300
2007 Honda VTX 1800 F3
2015 Victory Gunner
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
Getting slip ons is silly without doing Torq Loopz. They sound like @ss while cruising without the Torq Loopz cause they have that awful drone. Do it right and get both from Jimmy.
You're on a roll...lol Saying the pipes sound like garbage without loops and then telling the guy he's clueless? Great persuasion, bud...lol

With just the slip ons the bike won't sound like @$$.... Torq loops might liven it up more .... I plan on them sooner or later. But just going slip ons is just fine. And it's not a waste of money. If anyone here didn't want to "waste their money" they wouldn't be buying a motorcycle and dumping money into it to make it sound and look cool.

Get the pipes. You'll like them. If you want more power and growl get the loops. Is the money all worth 5-6hp? All perspective. You're not racing it, right? If you like them get them. I know I like mine.

14 Valkyrie
02 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
02 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura
07 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page