aux fuel tank - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
aux fuel tank

Has anyone fit an auxiliary fuel tank/cell to the Valkyrie? I know many sport touring people do it for their rides, but have not seen any done for the Valk.
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 10:35 AM

Location: 'tween the Red River and the Wall, what we call the free fire zone
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
this is not answer to your question, but why? 6 gallons seems plenty huge miles (300) and why exposed carry potential dangerous flammable self incinery fluid ? crikey! you'd think you was crossing the outback!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Poncho, you're
saying your bike gets 50mpg? Mine is more like 30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefight100 View Post
Poncho, you're saying your bike gets 50mpg? Mine is more like 30.

FF, yeppers. I picked it up april 19 and rode to Indy anna. I-70 70mph some small variations. first tank 250 miles 5 gal. I rode to Nashville 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Tupelo Ms. 250 miles, 5gal. I rode to Natchez Ms. 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Jasper, Tx. 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Bryan Tx. 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Austin, Tx. 250 miles, 5 gal. I did some riding around here 250 miles, 5 gal. seems pretty consistent to me. 50mpg. The bike is new nakid and most of my riding is 50-70mph. I ride easy steady and am not a hot dog just because I have all this power on tap.

I do have, had had many bikes. I find its my riding style that gets the most out of my machines and loooooong tire life. Others write they go thru fuel and tires at a fast clip. I suspect that is how they ride their bikes. not me.

Perhaps when this new batwing is installed next week it might inflict more drag and require more hp/fuel to push it. At speeds maybe. at 50mph I doubt it. My big Chief gets 50mpg. it has all the dash computer Avg and Instantaneous... plus I always top off my tanks exactly the same and calc the pump numbers against mileage.. all I can say is I get good service on my machines. Maintenance, Care and no abuse. poncho
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Yea. I get about 38 to 40 mpg, no matter how I ride. I have a windshield and hard bags but that can't be that much of a difference for mileage.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 11:17 AM

Garage
Poncho I think you have a rare duck. Keep it that way for sure.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Poncho I think you have a rare duck. Keep it that way for sure.
I have been called many things. never a rare duck b4. is that like when its not cooked well?

I am not sure that 50mpg needs be the exception. I did read elsewhere another rider was getting same/similar mileage. But I do believe that my riding style has a LOT to do with it. IF I ride any motor bike hard and/or in bad weather aka wind, mileage will suffer. my chieftain only got 33mpg going north 2 weeks ago into that big artic wind blowing out of Canukistan.

the chief has a power windshield, when down it is slippery'er. Up it is a sail. Bags for all their curvy shape still resembles the back of a semi truck and is a huge DRAG. it takes hp/fuel to PULL all that dead air behind you. if you are going fast.. er. poncho
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:50 PM

Garage
Poncho. I didnt call you a rare duck. The bike is a rare duck, like a gem, something not ordinary.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Poncho. I didnt call you a rare duck. The bike is a rare duck, like a gem, something not ordinary.

often I use self deprecating humor to lighten a conversation.. ducks can be,, well ducky! if you have never seen this video, its one of my favorites "the Original Duckumentary".. everything you never wanted to know about ducks.. and more! poncho
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
FF, yeppers. I picked it up april 19 and rode to Indy anna. I-70 70mph some small variations. first tank 250 miles 5 gal. I rode to Nashville 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Tupelo Ms. 250 miles, 5gal. I rode to Natchez Ms. 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Jasper, Tx. 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Bryan Tx. 250 miles, 5 gal. I rode to Austin, Tx. 250 miles, 5 gal. I did some riding around here 250 miles, 5 gal. seems pretty consistent to me. 50mpg. The bike is new nakid and most of my riding is 50-70mph. I ride easy steady and am not a hot dog just because I have all this power on tap.

I do have, had had many bikes. I find its my riding style that gets the most out of my machines and loooooong tire life. Others write they go thru fuel and tires at a fast clip. I suspect that is how they ride their bikes. not me.

Perhaps when this new batwing is installed next week it might inflict more drag and require more hp/fuel to push it. At speeds maybe. at 50mph I doubt it. My big Chief gets 50mpg. it has all the dash computer Avg and Instantaneous... plus I always top off my tanks exactly the same and calc the pump numbers against mileage.. all I can say is I get good service on my machines. Maintenance, Care and no abuse. poncho

What's the octane you're using? If it's 86 it'll explain it. These bikes need at least 87. Sounds petty but kind of a deal. Mine with the oem tall windshield and pipes is around 190miles till the light pops on. I think it's like 40mpg.. 87 octaine. With that 86 stuff? 36mpg.

14 Valkyrie
02 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
02 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura
07 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page