Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Show chrome fog lights with signals and drl

6K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Hgobunsuy 
#1 ·
So I know on the turn signal harness for the show chrome fogs, there are three wires needed to be spliced in to the bike.

There's a red wire for the turn signal, a blue wire for the running light, then a black ground.

Can the blue wire and black wire be spliced into the fog light harness? I would use posi-taps to get those two lines connected.

I know the red wire needs to go to the admore adapter to work properly

Is there any thing else im missing or forgetting?

Thanks

#4 ·
Sorry. I did not thoroughly read your post, I briefly skimmed it and assumed you were only looking for which wires to splice.

As far as the voltage goes I have no idea. I'm not sure that the amount of power coming from the blinker wires will be enough to power fog lights, considering how skinny the wires themselves are. I'm not an electrician though so take that with a grain of salt.

I've attached the electrical diagram so you can see if there are any other wires you can tap in to in case the blinkers are insufficient. Let me know if the image is too blurry. I can email it to you if you'd like, so you get the full resolution image.

Good luck and sorry I can't be of more help.

Attachments

#5 ·
below is some instruction on how I did mine.

watch this and do these comments I spent a lot of time and posted my results there.

2014 Honda Valkyrie owners. Our bikes have low voltage going LED turn signals, Unlike the F6B. Yes, the show chromes will work. but if you want full functioning of the DRL and Signals you have to spend $50 more for an Admore valkyrie adapter. Same deal with Pathfinder lights also. The directions that come with the adapter are for the Pathfinder So cal lights which are wired differently. I ran 6 -22 gauge wires from the seat to the front of the bike three wires for each fog. The blue wires are for the DRL and should run to 12v switch power. The red wires are for each turn signal I think red to Yellow is the right side as I remember and the black is your ground. The pigtail harness wires in the kit will not work with the Valkyrie. They are for the F6b and wing installation
I suggest buying a 6 pin connector for under the seat and two three pins for each fog so they can be disconnected if needed to replace. I also used a loomed harness. I ran mechanics wire under the tank and found a path to the front fogs without having to take anything off the bike. Go slow use your head not a bad job. It took me a while to get it the way I wanted it so I'm passing this along. Enjoy!

#7 ·
I couldn't figure out how to attach this photo to a PM in the mobile version

Do the wire colors look right to you?
From top to bottom I have blue, orange?, light green with black stripe, and solid dark green.

I found the light blue and dark green easily.
The light green with black stripe I'm kinda sure about but the orange one I couldn't really find. I found a dark yellow almost orange one which is the second tapped wire down.

I hooked everything up but nothing is turning on besides the fog lights.

Attachments

#8 ·
Sorry for the delay I just saw this. Now you can do it how you want, but I ran separate wires, three to each fog and might have stuffed two accessory wires in the same posi tap if I remember correctly.

Wires on your Show Chrome lights :

Blue which is DRL running lights.
Turn signal wires are red.
Black is ground.

Admore adapter to the bikes harness:

Black to Black is for ground

Yellow to red for left turn

Green to the other red is right turn

Two switched power wires to blue for DRL's lined up your posi taps side by side as you go down the harness makes it easy to tape the harness up to them for a cleaner install. Ill try to find my pictures and post them.

#15 ·
Wires on your Show Chrome lights :

Blue which is DRL running lights.
Turn signal wires are red.
Black is ground.

Admore adapter to the bikes harness:

Black to Black is for ground

Yellow to red for left turn

Green to the other red is right turn
These were the only wire colors you posted as far as i can tell
But your photo helped me out in the long run as i mentioned earlier
Thanks again for everything!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.