Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Viking Saddlebags

14K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Yves Paradis 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
So my Viking bags will be here tomorrow, and my saddlebag stays will be here on Saturday. Now I need to find some mounting brackets. Problem is, there are two different kinds....depending on single seat or standard (double) seat. I have the standard. Honda says the part number is 08L70-MJR-670 but when I go to locate them, I see two listings, each with the same part number but with two different product pictures.....

Is this just a result of poor posting by the seller, or is my part number wrong?

Attachments

#16 ·
Do the front of your bags kind of flare outward because of the stock honda mounting hardware?

I'm currently installing my Viking bags with he honda factory mounted and I have a very noticeable flare going on. The Honda mounts are not parallel to the bike, they are parallel to the rear fender.

#12 ·
I bought the same (almost same - - mine are gloss black) bags. I bought the stays from a member here and I just received the mounts in the mail yesterday. My next days off I will be mounting them on my Valkyrie. I will post pics as soon as I get them on. I am hoping it goes quickly but I see that I have to pretty much disassemble the whole rear to get the mounts and bags on!

#27 ·
OEM brackets

was any modification necessary to the OEM brackets & stays?
I installed the Viking saddlebags with no modifications to the OEM brackets and stays.
I simply removed the OEM saddlebags and used the same oem bolts with added washers.
I made a cut out of the side of the Viking saddlebag to properly position the holes I had to drill Into the Viking bags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.