Looking for exhaust help!!! - Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Looking for exhaust help!!!

Has anyone tried to see if the pipes off the Full wing or F6B will fit on our bikes? I know the hanger is not in the right place, but what I am most concerned with is the clearance on the right side between the swing arm and the pipes. Also, I want to make sure that the angle is the same and that the pipes are not pointing up or down.

The reason for this is that I want to put on a set of Two Brothers exhaust on my bike. They don't make one for our bikes, but they do make one that fits the full wing and F6B which is longer than our pipes. This is what I want. I have hard saddlebags and I want the exhaust to extend to the back of the bags. If the pipes off a wing will fit our bikes then the TBRs will as well. Making a new bracket for the hanger is not a problem for me.

Thanks.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
The OEM pipes do not fit because of the bracket and because of the chrome cover coverage. The OEM Valkyrie pipes are special. Engineers tried over a dozen configurations to get the perfect tone and pitch at both low and high RPMs, hence the different size silencers on the left and right. If you open up the muffler by drilling holes or reduce the back pressure, you will lose the glorious bottom end and midrange torque to gain maybe 2 hp at the seldom used tippy top RPM range. Leave a well designed system alone. It looks great with the OEM bags too. My sound has deepened with mileage and to me sounds great. This coming from a former HD owner that did pipes on both of my previous HD bikes. And yes without a tune, I lost bottom end and wound up with a headache after a 30 minute ride. Do you honestly think Honda which basically has an unlimited fund and team of engineers with years of experience made a mistake?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
[QUOTE=bscrive;58489]Has anyone tried to see if the pipes off the Full wing or F6B will fit on our bikes? I know the hanger is not in the right place, but what I am most concerned with is the clearance on the right side between the swing arm and the pipes. Also, I want to make sure that the angle is the same and that the pipes are not pointing up or down.
Your on the right track. When I was checking on using a GL center stand I found that except for the mufflers the GL,F6B,and F6C exhaust systems are basically the same. The header/cat pipes are all the same part number right up to the mufflers. The swing arm and final drive are all the same too.
The GL left heat shield that will accommodate the center stand is a perfect fit on the F6C. The only issue left is the mounting bracket location.
Two bros make a great product and have one on my 919. If you are OK with the mufflers sticking out a about foot past the rear tire I say your good to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

You bring up a good point. My saddlebags do stick out the back of my bike, but would the TBR pipes stick out much further than they do? Looking at some F6B pictures with TBR pipes, they do look like they may be too long for what I am looking for. I will have to check to see the length of the TBR pipes.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Brian, I contacted Two Brothers back in 2015 in hopes that they were going to R&D a pipe for the Valkyrie. They said maybe, then at a later date said no. They also told me that the Pipe for the F6B and Goldwing wouldn't match up to the Valkyrie header. Give them a call, they may have come up with a remedy. Other boards say nay. Superjim over at the F6C.com board built his own from Delvic pipes.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:26 AM

Correction! I inadvertently stated that the part numbers for the header pipes were the same for the GL, F6B,and F6C.
right side header part numbers. 2014 models
GL1800 18150-MCA-R31
F6B - - - 18150-MJG-670
F6C - - - 18150-MJR-671
For my punishment I will attempt to install Goldwing mufflers on my Valkyrie and post pictures.
bscrive and Sleepngbear like this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 145236 View Post
Correction! I inadvertently stated that the part numbers for the header pipes were the same for the GL, F6B,and F6C.
right side header part numbers. 2014 models
GL1800 18150-MCA-R31
F6B - - - 18150-MJG-670
F6C - - - 18150-MJR-671
For my punishment I will attempt to install Goldwing mufflers on my Valkyrie and post pictures.

That would be great. If they will attach to the headers and miss the swing arm then I will be in business. I was going to go see my dealer tonight to see if they have a right side wing muffler, but if you have access to one that is even better. I do know that they changed the muffler number in 2004. 2001-2003 it was MUFFLER, R.18305-MCA-003 and in 2004 - 2014 and up it is MUFFLER, R.18305-MCA-305 after that it changed to MUFFLER, R. (COO) 18305-MJK-30. Since the TBR pipes fit 2012 up, the pipes should be the same.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 08:34 AM

Trike take off mufflers

I have new 2016 GL trike take off mufflers and will see how they fit on Saturday.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Waiting with anticipation.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 11:12 PM

GOLDWING muffler on an F6C

Attached pictures show a new 2016 GL1800 right side muffler install on a 2014 F6C. The muffler fits precisely on to the header pipe and to heat shield.
Fitting so well I didn't think it would be necessary to install the left side muff. I'm sure we were all mostly concerned about the right side's fit and swing arm clearance. The swingarm and final drive clearance is Ok just as it is on a Wing. This is no guarantee that a Two bros. F6B exhaust system will fit as well on the F6C but it should.
This muffler fits surprising well except for the top mount tap which would need to have a holding strap fabricated. If you already have the Honda saddle bag mounts they will be well clear of the muffler and could be a possible mounting point for a holding strap. Also there are bolts in sub-frame under the fender nearly right above the top tap on the muffler to hang a longer holding strap. The muffler is long and makes a long bike look even longer. The tip of the muffler is 7.5 inches past the rear tire and well past the license plate. I'm thinking the TWO BRO. muffs would look way cool out back that far! Hope this information is helpful.
Sleepngbear likes this.

Last edited by 145236; 11-27-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page