Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

2 reviews

20K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  HondaPWR 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Just thought I'd post up some of the easy read points from the reviews.

Highs: blistering acceleration, updated styling, modern instrumentation

Sighs: Heavy steering, updated styling, suspension harsh at times.

Engine: 19/20
Suspension/Handling: 12/15
Transmission/Clutch: 9/10
Brakes: 8.75/10
Instruments/Controls: 4/5
Ergonomics/Comfort: 9/10
Appearance/Quality: 8.5/10
Desirability: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Overall: 86.25/100

That's an A where I went to school, so I'd say that the Valkyrie is likely an enjoyable bike at a reasonable price.

#13 ·
People have compared the new Valkyrie to the Diavel, probably because both are performance-biased, and both truly expand the bounds of what can be considered a cruiser. I've ridden both in the last month, and I'd say the Honda will have an easier time being accepted into that persnickety club -- but then the Diavel isn’t riffing off an existing design, either, like the Valkyrie is.
This is from the motorcycle cruiser.com review. We have been talking a bit about the Diavel and how it compares to the Valkyrie, this has given me some perspective. I didn't find the Diavel's design to be worse than the Valkyries really. Just different. What do you guys think?

#15 ·
This is from the motorcycle cruiser.com review. We have been talking a bit about the Diavel and how it compares to the Valkyrie, this has given me some perspective. I didn't find the Diavel's design to be worse than the Valkyries really. Just different. What do you guys think?
The only reason I see the Valk being accepted easier by the crusing crowd is because Honda has a history in that market. When you think cruiser/tourer Ducati is the LAST to come to mind...

#23 ·
Guess I got the first one out of the crate. Won't be delivered until tomorrow.

It has a silly break in procedure. The first 300km you can't rev over 5k and they don't want you past 7k until past 2500km. The 300 mile break in period on the Valkyrie was torture, this is just well Italian.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.